Monday, January 10, 2011

Faux stained glass - on the cheap!

This was so nifty, I just had to share. I dislike reposting other people's photos, so I'll just link you over to the tutorial on Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

Now, I was immediately drawn to this because I love peacocks. I really have 0 interest in stained glass, excluding, perhaps, the potential it has to become jewelry. For on thing, it always seems freaking expensive - all the paints and materials. But since it was a peacock, I clicked anyway. It was also linked by one of my favorite sites, Dollar Store Crafts. So that made me think it might actually be reasonable. Boy was I right! This beautiful piece is made using acrylic paints and Elmer's Glue!

I love the idea of using coloring books for patterns, too. You may be seeing a Hello Kitty stained glass piece from yours truly here soon ;P

No comments: